- EPS panel custom made size
- High Thermal Resistance
- Long-lasting Thermal Conductivity
- Lightweight Insulation Sandwich Panel
- Better Energy Savings, Recyclable, and Less on the Job Waste
Your Reliable Partner and Manufacturer of EPS Panel
Expanded polystyrene panel or EPS panel is an insulation material with properties such as being light-weight, weather-proof, sound-proof and resistant to compression. Because of its ability to trap air inside its cells, the EPS panel is the best insulation panel in the market with high R-values and moisture resistance.
EPS panels have applications in industries such as agricultural, residential, and commercial buildings. Also, they can be used for making prefabricated houses. This is because it is easy to make holes to install doors, windows, the electrical system, and more.
The use of EPS panels to make a house leads to energy and money saving for years to come.
|TOP AND LINEAR SKIN SPECIFICATION|
|Available Thickness||0.4, 0.5, 0.6mm, or custom made 0.8, 1mm|
|Panel Length||Minimum of 1.5m up to a maximum of 11.85m|
|Panel Width||1200 1000mm|
|Groove Height||Flat or groove|
|Available Materials||SS304, AluZinc, P.P.G.I|
|Color||Any RAL color|
|K Value (Thermal Conductivity)||0.041 W/mK|
|EPS Density||12-24 kg/m3|
|Wall & Ceiling
Thickness: 50 75 100 120 150 180mm
Width: 1200 1000 mm
Application: Commercial building
Feature: Excellent insulation, light weightLoading: For 40HQ
50mm – 1422 m2
75mm – 938.52 m2
100mm – 711 m2
125mm – 568.2 m2
150mm – 469.26 m2
200mm – 355,5 m2Roof:
50mm – 876.9 m2
75mm – 639.9 m2
100mm – 497.7 m2
125mm – 402.9 m2
150mm – 331.8 m2
200mm – 260.7 m2
EPS Panel: The Complete Guide
Zonsteel EPS panel length is not limited. However, to fit them in a 40HQ container, the length is kept less than 11.85m. The width is 1200mm and 1000mm. Thickness of EPS panel is 50, 75, 100, 120, 150, and 180mm. Any RAL color is possible to have on your EPS panel.
Zonsteel EPS wall panel joint has a tongue and groove design. As for the surface, it can be flat or grooved. The EPS roof panel is also corrugated to make it good for rainwater drainage.
Zonsteel EPS insulated metal panel, the metal surface could be galvanized steel, or galvalume steel. The metal thickness varies from 0.4-0.8mm. There are various paint options, including PE, PVDF, HDP etc. Or you can opt for a special surface treatment like PVC coating, anti-finger, self-cleaning.
Zonsteel also offers painted steel colors such as camouflage, wooden, or marble to make your modular house or prefab villa more attractive.
Zonsteel production line can produce EPS panel one side steel, another side aluminum foil, for wall and roof. For this kind of panel, its not thick, usually used as lining panel.
Zonsteel has a fast delivery time for the EPS panels. Usually 7-10 days. The panels are packed on a wooden pallet. If you want to load more in a 40HQ, we will load without pallet, but piece by piece.
Zonsteel is here to answer any questions you may have about our EPS panels. Our team is here to support you throughout your construction process. Give us a call today!
EPS Panel: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
EPS panel as a economical building material, meanwhile provide good thermal insulation.
Nowadays widely used in different fields, such as prefabricated house, partition wall and ceiling of concrete building etc.
EPS panel also with B1 fire rate.
Want to know more about EPS panel on its features, specification, thermal performance? Let’s move to below FAQs.
What is an EPS Panel?
An EPS or Expanded Polystyrene panel is a form of sandwich panel that has two metal surfaces with an EPS insulating core in the middle. The EPS panel surface plates are bonded to the core using specialized adhesive and other construction methods to ensure that the bond is strong and durable.
Figure 1 EPS Panels Joined Together
Why are EPS Panels Used in Construction?
Now that you understand what is an EPS panel is all about, it is worth checking out why it is now used in the construction sector today.
- The first reason is because the material is eco-friendly. There are less chances of you degrading the environment when you pick to work with an EPS panel.
- The short construction time also make the EPS panel great to use on overall. Since the panels are modular, it will take a short time to install it in place.
- The design flexibility of the EPS panels makes them generally worth considering. They can be tailored to your needs by the manufacturer thus the reason people always go for them.
- Lightweight nature of the panels makes them great to install. You can have the panels installed faster since they are easy to carry.
- Its insulation performance also makes the EPS panels great at their job. You would use the panels knowing that they can keep the temperatures in the room within the desired range.
- The panels also have good soundproofing performance compared to some other panels. You can now be able to deal with noise pollution better and still maintain some confidentiality.
Figure 2 EPS Panel Made Modular House in Construction
What is EPS in Building Terms?
The Use of EPS panels in the construction sector has always been on the rise. Since as early as 1950, the panels have been used as mainstream options for the insulating the buildings. This is thanks to its overall performance in terms of thermal conductivity.
Also, with the advancement in technology, the material has found new applications in the construction sector. It is why sometimes they are used to make cleanrooms too. We all know how cleanrooms can be demanding, but the EPS panels can stand up to such applications.
The overall durability of the EPS panels makes them a top choice for most companies too. They know that the material would easily hold up to different elements without the need for replacing them all the time.
What are EPS Cement Sandwich Panels?
You can say that the EPS cement sandwich panel is a hybrid version of the regular EPS panels. In this case, the panel would have calcium silicate cement as the face panels instead of the usual color steel. However, the insulating core is fiber cement with EPS foam.
This type of panel has multiple benefits to the users and can also be used in different areas. The common applications include bathrooms, garages, basements, factory warehouses, malls, schools, and so much more. Basically, you would be using it as any other construction material.
Figure 3 EPS Cement Sandwich Panel
Why Choose EPS Cement Sandwich Panels?
As mentioned earlier, such sandwich panels would have several benefits that will make you consider picking them. Here are some of them;
- The panels are eco- This is because they do not release harmful substances, there is no construction waste, and other things that can harm the environment.
- The materials are fireproof. Since cement is not something that can catch fire, you would expect it to withstand temperatures as high as 1000 degrees C.
- The use of cement also makes the panels stronger. They can withstand earthquakes, impacts, and pressure with ease. Even at the joints, the panels can hold up to pressure quite well.
- Sound insulation is quite impressive for the EPS cement sandwich panel. This is because the cement and EPS core can effectively absorb the sound better than when using the traditional wall.
- Even if it might have a simple construction, such a panel would still have a high efficiency. You can be sure to have a great time using such a panel knowing it will give you the best performance.
Figure 4 EPS Cement Sandwich Panel Advantage
Where to Buy EPS Panel?
Buying an EPS panel should not be a problem. With a quick research online about EPS panels, you can always get the right manufacturer. A good example is when you decide to work with Zonsteel, there is a chance of getting the best EPS panels that you have always wanted.
It does not matter where you are located as Zonsteel can still do international shipping. You would be able to get your panels delivered to you right on time.
Figure 5 Stacked EPS Panels
How to Cut EPS Panel?
Like cut other sandwich panel, cut EPS panel follow the same step.
- Use the carry-on cut-off machine to cut sandwich panel.
- Make sure that you also protect the surface you are cutting. Use adhesive tape to protect the sandwich panel.
- Proceed to draw an outline based on the size you want to cut. Use a felt-tip pen to see the line correctly.
- You can now go ahead to cut the panel to its size. Always clean the shavings and chippings once you are done with cutting.
- It is now possible to remove the remaining adhesive tape.
Do not use electric welding, gas welding directly to do the EPS panel cutting and welding.
Figure 6 EPS Panel Cutting
How to Install EPS Panels Wall?
EPS panels are generally easy to install. Since they are lightweight, they can be moved into position by only two people. Here is how you will proceed with the installation.
- Put line on ground first where want to install EPS panel.
- Along the line place aluminum U channel. 50mm 75mm 100mm and thicker EPS panel has its respective U channel.
- Screw the U panel to ground.
- Ensure the wall corner to be 90°.
- From one corner of house to start the EPS panel installation, and the wall must be perpendicular to the ground.
- Use rivet fix EPS panel to U channel.
- Use special aluminum profile to cover the wall outside and inside corner.
- The use sealant to seal the panels.
- When cutting holes on wall to install switch, socket or air inlet etc, must use U channel to cover the cut surface and then seal it.
Figure 7 EPS Panel Wall Installation
How to Install EPS Panels Ceiling?
EPS ceiling installation will require full set of hanging accessories. Included hanging beam, screw, height adjuster, screw rod.
- Making hole on concrete roof or steel steel purlin.
- Fix the screw rod on roof.
- Fix hanging beam to screw rod.
- Install EPS panel ceiling on hanging beam.
During the installation, must make sure the ceiling is on a horizontal level.
Figure 8 EPS Panel Ceiling Installation
Can You Use EPS Sandwich Panel for Roofing?
Yes. EPS sandwich panels can also be used as roofs. In this case, the EPS panel is in a corrugated shape.
It is vital to leave the roof installation to professionals. Make sure the screw used for EPS sandwich panel roof must be with rubber seal, and stainless steel washer. Good rubber seal material is made of PTFE. Some other notes of EPS sandwich panel roof installation,
- Ensure sandwich panel is firmly fixed on steel structure roof. And ensure the connection point is complete with fire resistant paint, no paint damage. Ensure the whole steel structure has lightning rod, and ensure building equipped with lightning rods and has a good grounding point.
- The requirement when overlap two EPS panel roof ontransverse and longitudinal:
- When the EPS panel overlapped laterally, the length of the overlapped panel should not be less than one corrugation.
- The length of overlapped panel longitudinally should not be less than 200mm.
- The roof overhang should not be less than 200mm.
- Length of EPS panel extending into eaves ditch should not be less than 150mm.
- Length of EPS panel overlap flashing should not be less than 200mm.
- After EPS panel roof installation completion, must test the water leaking. The water pouring last time should not be less than 2 hrs. If any leakage is found, must be repaired in time.
Figure 9 EPS Panel Roof
What is Difference Between EPS Panel and PUR Panel?
For a while now, there has been a huge debate on whether EPS panels are better than PUR panels or vice versa. Since EPS panel building technology has improved over the years, more people would consider them for construction. However, are they missing out on PUR?
EPS panel thermal conductivity 0.041 W/mK, while PUR 0.021 W/mK. Compare EPS panel, PUR panel owns better insulation performance. However EPS has better insulation than rock wool panel.
PUR is generally costlier than EPS insulation. The cost is mostly because of its higher initial R-value. It might be why more people tend to opt for EPS panels as they know they can save on them.
EPS panel has lighter density compare to PUR panel. EPS foam used in sandwich panel, the density ranges from 12kg/m3 to 28kg/m3. While EPS foam has good compressive and tensile strength, its possible not seal both sides with steel, can avoid the thermal bridge.
The Operating Temperature
EPS panel operating temperature 70 degree, and PUR panel 100 degree.
Can You Build an EPS Panel House?
EPS panels can be used as house external wall and partition wall. External wall require thicker panel like 75mm, 100mm, 125 mm or more, partition wall 50mm would be enough. While the external wall require paint of color steel better weather ability.
Such a material can withstand the exposure to different elements. Since the structural part is made of metal, it can also stand up to different forces to keep the house strong and standing great for several years.
Figure 10 EPS Panel House
Who Are the Best EPS Panel Manufacturers?
There are several things that can define the best EPS manufacturer. Here are some of them;
- Ontime delivery is important. This makes sure that your project can be completed on time always.
- There is also the question of quality. A good manufacturer ensures the quality is maintained so that you can get the best EPS panel always.
- If the customer support team can get in touch with the clients on time, then it becomes easier for the customers to feel safe with such a company. They know that they are not about to be scammed.
- Customization options are also important. They help you know that the panels can be made to fit your needs. Cutting the panels on a job site can often make it easy to waste a lot of material.
In case you are unsure where to start when seeking the best EPS panel manufacturer, consider partnering with Zonsteel. You should get all the important information on EPS that you want and a lot more.
What is the Price of EPS Panels?
The EPS panel price in Kenya might not be the same with the EPS panel in Philippines. This is because of the difference in currency and location. However, the price can be averaged for you to have an idea. The price ranges from $10 to $15 per square meter, depending on a few factors you may change on your order.
How Long is the Lead Time of Zonsteel EPS Panel?
Zonsteel takes an average timeframe of 7 days to work on your order of EPS panels. Thanks to the latest EPS sandwich panel production line, the company can deliver on orders faster.
Once everything is ready for shipping, you will get a notification so that you can track the progress of your order.
How is the EPS Panel Packed?
Zonsteel knows that people come from different countries, so it makes sense if the panels are packed to be seaworthy. Such packing is vital so that the panels that withstand that motion of the water during shipping.
The panels are first covered in FE film for protecting them from scratches. The four corners of the panels are also covered by a steel belt to prevent any dents. These panels are not stacked together then attached to a wooden pallet. As you can see, the panels should be well secured and ready for transportation.
Figure 11 EPS Panel Packing
Can You Customize EPS Panel from Zonsteel?
Yes, it is possible to customize the EPS panel. You can change a few things as mentioned below to ensure that the panel suits your needs.
- The first thing you can customize is the paint. There are various paint options too. Maybe you want panels that can work with your existing company décor, that can be arranged. The paint thickness varies from 40gsm to 220 gsm.
- You can also customize the color. You are advised to choose any of the RAL colors.
- The thickness can be changed from 50 to 180mm. It all depends on where you want to use the EPS panel. Some applications might need a thicker panel. So, now you know that is possible.
- As for the surface material, you will have options such as stainless steel, PPGL, PPGI, and more. The thickness of these materials varies from 0.4mm to 1mm.
- The foam density is also something worth changing. It is good to know you can change it from 12kg/m3 to 24kg/m3.
- Customization is also possible for the surface pattern. You can opt for a flat surface or a grooved surface pattern.
Figure 12 Workers Moving EPS Panels
Can I Cut My EPS Panel to Any Length?
Yes. That is possible. So long as you can provide Zonsteel with the project dimensions, you can end up with an EPS panel having the length you want. This usually makes it easy to set up the structure and no need to keep cutting the panels at your job site.
What’s the EPS Panel Fire Rating?
The EPS panel fire rating is B1. This fire rating means that the panel has low flammability. Some tips when using EPS panel:
- No open flames inside EPS panel building. Must equipped with smoke detector.
- The heating equipment must keep safety distance with EPS wall not less than 100mm.
- Electrical wiring installation ofEPS sandwich panels building must comply with the specification requirements.
- Notstore kerosene, gasoline and other inflammable and explosive chemical dangerous goods inside EPS sandwich building. Not use EPS panel building as a dangerous goods warehouse, and not store motorcycles and gas bottles.
Figure 13 EPS Panel Fire Rating B1
What’s the EPS K Value (Thermal Conductivity)?
The K value represents the thermal conductivity of the EPS material. The thermal conductivity is the rate at which heat is transferred through the material. For this case, the K-value of EPS material is 0.041 W/mK.
What is the EPS Sandwich Panel R Value?
There is a difference between the R value and the r value. The r value is the thermal resistivity of the material. It is the reciprocal of the thermal conductivity which is expressed as 1/k.
As for the R value, it is the thermal resistance of the EPS material. It is used to show the resistance of EPS panel to allow heat flow. It is the reciprocal of the thermal conductance or the C value. The R value for EPS panel is 2.63m2K/W.
How to Avoid Thermal Bridge on EPS Panel?
The male and female side of EPS panel covered with C channel, this measure increased EPS panel strength. However if EPS panel as external wall, to avoid the thermal bridge, usually not cover this channel. So that the EPS contact EPS.
Figure 14 Cut Thermal Bridge of EPS Panel
EPS panels are some of the best options for you to get if you want to set up a prefab house or any other type of building that can utilize its features. In case you need more information or any clarification on EPS panels and how to get them, contact the Zonsteel support team.